Monday, January 7, 2019

Secrets, Secrets

So this is a thing I did, and it's mediocre but I have no energy. I liked the concept, though, which is why it is getting posted. Oh well. 

                                                                   

Well, hope is a thing with feathers
And it flutters on heartstrings through the sky
But love, that's another matter for those below the nether
And the atmosphere's only so high

Love is different, because you tumble,
You dive and you trip and you stumble -
You're confused and betrayed and overwhelmed
You're thrilled and delighted and re-meld

It's impossible to comprehend, and to truly know -
The descent is so rarely planned.
But down, down, you still go
Without checking where you will land

Miss Aphrodite, she's an alluring mystery;
Nobody knows what she thinks.
She'll ensnare you in promises then leave you behind -
But of course, that's the cup from which we drink

You can't ever avoid the fall into love;
We'll all step off the cliffside someday.
It's less about escaping the inevitable
And more about keeping it at bay.

But I'll tell you a secret, dear reader,
Before you too feel the open air;
Love, little one, is what you make it,

So don't let the fall make you tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We're All In Here" : Revisiting Memoirs

C reative writing is, in my mind, the thing I live for. It is what I love most.      I continue to be crushingly mediocre at poetry and pass...